When choosing a TV receiver, the user has to compare a huge number of characteristics. Information technology puts modern technology at the forefront. The frequency of THE TV screen update is one of the main options. How it depends on the quality of the image, the impact on human health, you will learn from our article.
What is the frequency of TV screen updates?
The functionality of modern video devices is wide. What exactly is good in the modern TV receiver, and what – not so much? In the past, it all boiled down to the choice of a kinescope model with a scan rate equal to the frequency of flashing a light bulb, and no one thought it could be any different.
Now, in addition to improving the “smart” characteristics of TVs, the display of the TV receiver can update the picture at high speed. 50 Hz is a thing of the past. Innovative products support the frequency of image changes up to 150-200 Hertz or more. These numbers indicate the number of changing frames in the machine in 1 sec.
The value in hertz on the passport shows the change of pictures in 1 sec—TV matrix. Kinescope TVs with a flickering frequency of 50 Hz could not provide a clear, fast-moving picture. Smeared pictures during the instant movement of objects interfered with the perception of the eye.
Later there were ELT TV receivers with a 100Hz sweep. Unfortunately, when the content was given at 50 Hz, the new hardware only “interpolated” the missing frames. However, compared to the old TVs, the quality has become high, and there was no alternative.
The difference between high-frequency images and low-frequency images is that the advanced device “finishes” additional frames, filling them with basic ones.
This solved the problem of “soap opera” when during the display of dynamic images from competitions or races, there was a problem of blurry images, contours of objects. Manufacturers decided to move to screens with 120Hz frame dynamics. The problem has been solved.
Fake frames add to the image. To view the usual non-dynamic scenes, it is enough to change the image at 60 frames per second.
Which TV screen update frequency is better
The human eye does not disassemble flashing with a video frequency above 50 Hz. That is why this figure is chosen for the lighting of the premises – it does not hurt vision. But, it would seem, what difference does it make, with what hertsovka to buy a display, if all the images have long since exceeded this pre-flood standard? Some store sellers cannot always clearly explain the essence of the index of the frequency of updates on the TV. But the difference is significant. Just add some money – get a great model with smooth movements of fast frames.
Although manufacturers say that the frequencies of 100 Hz for human perception are quite enough, they raise the bar. And the difference is visible. If you set two monitors next to you, at 100 and 200 Hz, compare the image on TV with the same screen resolution, it’s a revelation. The 200-hertz device dynamic pictures show absolutely no errors, braking, and foreign effects.
The image spoof index is called dynamic interpolation. Previously, it was universal, had the name CMR, measured in hertz. Later, manufacturers began to introduce their amendments using different technologies:
- At Samsung;
- M0tionFlow – from the Japanese concern Sonya;
- TruMotion is a unit of measurement by the Korean manufacturer LG;
- from Phillips – Digital and other units.
Options for storyboards and methods of their use:
- The most affordable is 50-90 Hz receivers. This is the most popular, inexpensive segment of purchases. Static scenes are shown well. Dynamic programs with fast-changing images look blurry. During the object’s movement, the change of frames does not have time to fix the invisible movement—the larger the screen, the more noticeable the delay. Watching the video becomes uncomfortable – tired eyes from the need to fix the uneven twitch of the picture. At a frame change rate of 50 Hz, some people notice the flicker of the picture.
- Hertsovka 100-200 units is the best tv screen frequency to buy. A wide selection of TV receivers with different screen sizes is offered in all stores, and the choice is easy to make.
- TVs with a storyboard frequency of more than 500 Hz are the most expensive. There are no noticeable differences between 600 and 200 Hz per eye. Professionals often take such TVs to handle dynamic video images. Computer graphics frame several intermediate images at the expense of “smart” equipment.
The tv receiver for scrolling conventional television does not have to have high frequencies – the quality of TV programs is not so great. However, experts persist that 120 Hz is enough. A high-frequency matrix is necessary for watching cable TV, dynamic scenes, sports competitions, races.