How do I turn listening to music into a disappointment? The answer is simple: buy low-quality headphones. They can easily upset fans of club music and industrial style. Disappoint and anger gamers who will not hear the steps of the enemy in your favorite shooter. To get from the sound only positive emotions, you need to buy headphones with deep juicy bass. Such devices are quite easy to identify by some characteristics and design features.
Headphones with good bass – the main characteristics
The main feature of Bass headphones is the ability to play sound without a sudden drop in the volume of frequencies at the edge of the available range. This is a minimum requirement that guarantees the exact transmission of all shades of the transmitted signal.
For a true club feel and complete immersion in the musical environment, headphones for the phone or full-fledged monitors are obliged:
- Provide good air and pressure in the ear canal;
- Have a large membrane stroke and its diameter;
- guarantee such attachment on the ear or in the channel to eliminate air exchange as much as possible.
Individual headphones can meet individual requirements thanks to the design features. For example, vacuum earbuds satisfy the third point of the list, and full-fledged music with a powerful speaker creates high sound pressure.
To better understand what features help electronic systems reproduce the best basses, it is worth considering the mechanisms of the membrane on the eardrum and skull bones.
Large, ear-covering headphones for a computer or player – an option that can show excellent sound results with deep bass. The model must meet several requirements.
- Have a closed structure. This ensures noise insulation and air exchange with the environment. Also, in closed-type headphones, the speaker unit is almost sealed. This provides good sound pressure and reduces low-frequency distortion. In addition, the largest speakers are installed in full-fledged monitors.
- Have your own signal processing system. This ensures that the characteristics of the components are harmonized, the distortions are minimal, and independent control is in the entire frequency range. In simple terms, overhead bass headphones are an isolated environment that can squeeze the maximum out of the input.
Wireless or wired headphones for music must have their own equalizer. This is not a mandatory requirement but highly desirable. The model’s compliance with this criterion immediately shows that the headphones have a signal processing system.
Vacuum plugs are popular. They are small, light, provide sound insulation. To buy wireless or wired interchannel plugs and enjoy the sound, you should:
- Pay attention to models with a membrane diameter of at least 7 mm;
- Choose droplets that have an air exchange camera;
- carefully consider the models with two sound emitters.
Today you can buy vacuum headphones, which have a conversion scheme in the wired control. Such devices will provide maximum quality while offering an equalizer and other pleasant features.
How bass headphones work
There are only two functional schemes on which a particular model of headphones with deep basses is implemented.
- Extended membrane control and a change like the input. Roughly speaking, the electronic unit forcibly strengthens the bass part.
- Using two sound emitters. This is the most attractive technology, but headphones with their use are more expensive than their competitors, using one speaker per channel. How it works: The electronic schemes of headphones include frequency filters. They allow one sound emitter to work in the middle and high band and the second – to engage only in the bass. As a result, the sound quality is the maximum.
There is another technology used in some headphones with bass. This is a kind of deception, allowing to enhance the impression of music due to the effects on the bones of the skull. It is used in full-fledged monitors and is enclosed in the installation of a plate with vibration. The latter does not work on the principle of the membrane. Its amplitude does not change.
The item’s task is to vibrate with low frequency. A mechanical emitter is not sealed. It seems to strengthen the bass. However, this is a purely physical sensation caused by the vibration transmitted to the bones of the skull.
Two bass-creation technologies are used in different headphones, the dimensions, and features that cause the convenience of using a particular circuit. First, in full-fledged monitors, the strengthening of the low-frequency range, the use of their own electronic handlers – almost standard. This scheme is convenient, as the membrane of the earpiece has a large diameter, is flexible, controlled, predictably reacts to pulses.
The installation of two vibration sources is widely used in vacuum models. At the same time, it is worth carefully reading the documentation data. The rebar is good at medium and high frequencies, and dynamic is good in the bass area.
How to choose headphones with good bass
Once the model’s design features are analyzed and evaluated, it comes time to consider the electrical characteristics of the headphones.
Wired or wireless channel to choose – everyone decides according to personal preferences. The headphone cable should be thick enough, flexible enough to have a protective braid.
Choosing a wireless model should support the most modern transmission protocol, ideal WiFi, or Bluetooth 4.1. This guarantees high transfer speed and signals quality.
Tip, rustle digital noise – the worst enemies of good bass. Again, the headphone set sensitivity is responsible for its effect on the sound image. It shouldn’t be more than 150. The optimal value is close to 95. In this case, the membrane will not respond to low-intensity pulses, and the sound of the bass will be voluminous and juicy.
Frequency range is the most important part of the process of choosing good bass headphones. Medical studies show that the human ear hears a frequency of 18 to 21750 Hz.
However, don’t think that if the headphones fall into this interval, they are good by default. Any electronic device is not able to show stable results at the extremes of the range. Therefore, it is reasonable to choose a model with the start of the playback band, for example, at 5-8 Hz, and the end – as far as possible from the figure of 22 kHz.
The second part of the selection procedure is to study the amplitude-frequency characteristics of a particular model. Manufacturers of good headphones pay a lot of attention to this information. The schedule of ACH is printed on the packaging, is given in instructions, is published on the pages of the manufacturer’s website. Here are two key features:
- in the low-frequency zone, the chart should have an upturn. For high-quality bass playback, the amplification is recommended to be extended to 2 kHz, and the curve peak is recommended in the 400-600 Hz zone;
- the high-frequency zone is just as important. It allows a slight dip down in the extreme part of the chart. If the headphones have a maximum range point of 25 kHz, it will not affect the owner’s feelings. But if there is a long rise in the high frequencies, such models will sound bad, reproduce a mixture of bass and ringing high.
The ideal option of ACH is a good lift of the graphics in the bass zone, a stable, almost straight line on the middle and high range with a slight dip on the edge of available frequencies.
Resistance directly affects the maximum volume. However, the sound quality also depends on this parameter. For smartphones, players, and other devices that do not have a powerful amplifier, the maximum recommended headphones impedance is 100 Om, the minimum is at 20. However, if the music is scheduled to be listened to through a powerful amplifier, the resistance should start from 200-250.